Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

UNBOXING WARS IPSY vs BIRCHBOX Unboxing Review January 2015

January Ipsy bag and Birchbox arrived! Yey! Let the unboxing war begin!

Here is what I got from the IPSY this month. I am not a fan of the bag again the color doesn't attract me at all. :(
BellaPierre Shimmer Powder in Exite
Full size 2.3g $14.99
Using 100% pure Mineral powder, these beautiful shimmer powders will provide long lasting, vibrant color without any additional filler that can often smear, crease, fade and even cause allergic reaction. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, BelláPierre shimmer powders are 100% Hypoallergenic and are suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
What I think so far...
I am not really a fan of loose eyeshadows so I will not be using this one sadly its to troublesome for me to use this kind of eye shadows as I am lazy, I like pressed pigments more. This would be on my swap list sadly.

Elizabeth Moth All Over Shadow Brush
Full size $9.99
Don’t miss a spot with this ridiculously soft shadow brush. This brush with its 100% synthetic bristles is the perfect multitasker. Use it to highlight your brow bone and place the right amount of color for perfect and even application! Your lids will thank you later!
What I think so far...
I love getting brushes in my Ipsy bag so I am happy about getting this one. You can never have to many brushes especially when your lazy to wash them like me! ^.^

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer
Deluxe size 0.5oz $13.99
This highly natural day moisturizer provides ample hydration and helps bring back a fresher & happier looking skin appearance. Made with collagen-producing peptides, super-hydrating hyaluronic acid, natural cucumber, aloe, antioxidant panthenol (Vitamin B), Vitamin C & E and a natural anti-aging botanical complex of maqui berry, licorice root, ginko leaf, grape seed and hickory bark.
Key Benefits:
• Anti-aging
• Moisturizing
• Ideal for sensitive, dry, and combination skin
• Free from questionable ingredients!
What I think so far...
This is very interesting I love moisturizers that have hyaluronic acid in them. And the deluxe sample is very handy because of the cap lid that makes it very handy when traveling so your not concerned about it spilling on your makeup bag.

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut eye shadow in Treasure 
Full size 0.08oz $5?
An incredibly innovative formula that pushes natural makeup and mineral color to new bounds. Rich, lasting, creaseless eye shadows are infused with coconut water for a velvety, cream-like finish. 
Formulated without: Phthalates, parabens, carmine, beeswax, lanolin, mineral oils, propylene glycol, petroleum and FD& C colors (along with other nasties you do not want on your skin). No animal testing. Gluten-free, 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
What I think so far...
I love Pacifica and I discovered them on IPSY but I have many eyeshadow shades of this shade already. The shade looks like a velvety bronzy brown which is a wonderful shade but I may put this on my swap list or gift it to a friend.

Probelle Into the Blue Nail Lacquer
Full size 0.5oz $6
Top quality, high gloss, long lasting nail lacquer in Into the Blue, a cool blue cream shade. DBP, Toluene, and Formaldehyde Free. 
To use: Gently shake bottle and apply 1 or 2 coats of nail lacquer to reach desired finish. 
What I think so far...
I already opted out of the nail polish option on my IPSY quiz but they still sent me this. I have no longer the time to put nail polish on my nails and also my work doesn't permit me to do it. This will be either going to my swap pile or gonna be gifted.

Here is what I got from my Birchbox this month. I decided to got with the Tone It Up guest editor box because of the awesome goodies inside that caught my eye! ^.^
Aquareveal Satin Bright Soft Water Peel for Face
Sample size 15ml $7.35
Gentle treatment that removes impurities and exfoliates without irritating skin. Apply to damp face and neck and massage to visibly sweep away dead skin cells. Rinse well.

What I think so far...
I love try out peeling gels as they are much more gentle on the skin than face scrubs. I will be looking forward on trying this out.

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette in Latte
Sample size $4?
With these versatile neutral and metallic shadows in your beauty arsenal, you're all set. Sweep on one shadow or layer a few. Take this palette sapmpler with you to glam up anywhere.
What I think so far...
I loved the revealed 2 palette sample I got from my previous Birchbox and I am happy to get this sample to try out too. At a glance the colors I got are really similar to the shades I got  with my UD Naked 2 palette. Although this sample maybe tiny but it can last a long time.

Coola Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion
Sample size $2.67
This soothing lotion uses agave to moisturize, protect, and calm any post-sun woes. Apply liberally to face and body after an outdoor workout or other time in the sun.
What I think so far...
This is a very interesting product for sunburns and I love Coola I have received their sunblock sample in the past from my IPSY bag. I try to not expose my skin too much under the sun but this would definitely come in handy when I go to the beach. 

Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Sample size 1.06 oz $6.45
A TIU fave that absorbs grease and puts the bounce back into second-day or post-gym hair. Shake can and spritz 10 inches from roots. After 2 mins, brsh out to distribute powder.
What I think so far...
I love this dry shampoo it smells amazing and I got this also on last month's birchbox. This is why I decided to go with the TIU editor box coz I wanted another sample of this dry shampoo! ^.^

Whish Three Wishes Body Butter in Lavender
Sample size 22ml $3.52
Anti-oxidant rich hydrator that softens, soothes and firms. Smooth onto skin after showering. A little goes a long way!
What I think so far...
This body butter smells amazing and I love the smell of lavender its a very calming smell. I have seen this body butter at costco but have never tried it before. I love this! ^.^

TOTAL REVIEW
The Ipsy bag contains $49.97 worth of products and I got 4 full size products from them but from all that I got I will be only using the sample moisturizer from La Fresh and the Elizabeth Moth eye shadow brush. Meanwhile, for my Birchbox the total cost of the box is only $23.99 because I only got sample sizes but I definitely gonna use everything from my Birchbox this month as I have personally choose this box instead of doing a sample choice this month. The option of having sample choice or picking the guest editor box every month from Birchbox I really love and appreciate. So the winner this month is...

UNBOXING WARS WINNER!

BIRCHBOX

If you are interested in subscribing to IPSY please use my link here.
If you are interested in subscribing to Birchbox please use my link here.
Thank you in advance if you did use my referral link! ^.^
Disclosure: This post contains refferal links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGLOVIN