Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

FEEDURPASSION'S Beauty Trend Predictions for 2015



Long story short I was exposed to the Korean culture through listening to Kpop and watching Korean dramas over the years since I was in highschool, I always adored the actresses and female singers because of their flawless skin and makeup. When I was still living in the Philippines, an Étude House store (Sandara from 2NE1 was endorsing the brand back then) opened at our nearest mall and that's when I first tried my BB cream which then made me a forever fan of Korean cosmetics.



One of the first music videos of BIGBANG I saw (although some are J-POP). Love at first sight with GD! <3 ^.^ And yes I am listening to BIGBANG while I write this blogpost! LOL!

When Dara was still the face of Etude House

 And since moving here in the USA I haven't had access to Korean cosmetics, until I found out about Memebox through  YouTube that now lead me in knowing other great Korean cosmetic subscription companies or resellers like Beauteque, TesterKorea, Beautynetkorea, Peach and Lily, Wishtrend, the3bbox, and etc. I have seen past beauty trends from Korea being carried over to the western brands when BB creams came into the US market. Now beauty innovations that started from Asia especially from Korea are making their way to US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. I think the year 2015 would be a big start for Korean cosmetics and I have the top 3 beauty trends that I think will be a big hit on the market this year.



1. Sheet masks 
Sheet masks are basically made of cotton or fibers that are pre-cut into a shape that will fit the whole face, it is also soaked with various liquid formulations specifically for treating different skin concerns or problems. Sheet masks are my favorite facial treatment nowadays as they provide hydration, nourishment and repair to my skin without having the to go to a spa or without requiring any tools to use.

I have seen sheet mask appear everywhere recently like When and Dr. Jart masks appear on previous Birchboxes, Sephora now has their own brand sheet masks available and even Forever21 are selling a variety of Purederm sheet masks on their stores. And also I saw an IPSY spoiler over the weekend where they included Hada Labo sheet masks for some ipsy subscribers this month. It's only a matter of time when sheet masks would be a staple beauty product. 

Image source (Birchbox Instagram)
Image source (My Subscription Box Addiction blog)
Image source (IPSY Instagram)

These are just an example of the variety of sheet masks out in the Asian market right now. There are even foot masks, neck masks, eye masks, lip masks and nail masks. 
Face Sheet Masks
Image source (TesterKorea)
Foot Mask
Image source (Beauteque)
Neck mask
Image Source (Beauteque)

Eye Mask
Image source (Beauteque)
Lip mask
Image Source (TesterKorea)
Nail mask
Image Source (Beauteque)

2. BB/CC cushion compacts
With BB creams and CC creams being a big hit in the cosmetics market in the past year, that even drugstore brands like Maybelline up to high end brands like Laura Mercier have their own BB or CC creams in their product line up. But Korea is already ahead of the BB and CC cream game when they released( if am not mistaken 2 years ago) BB / CC cushions which became a popular hit in Asia. Cushion compacts are designed to carry BB/CC cream in a saturated sponge which are then applied with puffs for controlled application, resulting to luminous and sheer application of the product. And this trend is slowly making its way to the western market like Laneige now available in Target stores nationwide and I remember receiving a sample when I went to Generation Beauty last summer. 

I have seen other makeup brands create their own BB cushion like Mally Beauty, It Cosmetics, Pur cosmetics and now even Lancôme. It just a matter of time when BB/CC cushions will saturate the USA Market. 


These are some examples of CC cushions that are really popular in Korea right now.

Hera UV Mist Cushion
Image Source (TesterKorea)

Iope Air Cushion
Image Source (TesterKorea)

Étude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion
Image Source (BeautyNetKorea)


INNISFREE Ampoule Intense Cushion
Image Source (Innisfree World)

3. Interestingly unique ingredients in skincare such as bee and snayke venom, snail mucus, birds nest extract, and a lot more.

Korean skincare is well known for very outrageous ingredients in their skin care. I have come across this products through purchasing from Memebox and Beauteque. I have personally tried bee venom and snail mucus to be very moisturizing and gentle on my skin. These kind of things would take awhile for the western market to adapt into as they would appear bizarre to some at first, but to some people that loves to try out things out of their comfort zone (like me) would enjoy digging into this.


Bee Venom and Synake Venom
Both are known to reduce skin pigmentation, reduce signs of aging, improve skin texture and are gentle enough for sensitive skin. It can be upsetting to other people about extracting bee venom from bees but it's perfectly safe from what I have read on some articles. As for Synake venom its a syntethic formula that mimics the effect of snake venom, which is why it's used as a Botox alternative.

Nature Republic Bee Venom Toner
Image Source (Beauteque)
Secret Key Synake Anti-Wrinkle and Whitening Cream
Image Source (TesterKorea)

Snail Mucus
Extract from snail mucus which is very moisturizing and really gentle on sensitive skin.
Mizon Snail Repair Perfect Cream
Image Source (Beautynetkorea)

Missha Siper Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask
Image Source (Beauteque)

Birds Nest
Yes you are reading correctly bird's nest specifically the swallow's nest , they are harvested carefully in swallow farms found in Asia. It is said to help fight the signs of aging by promoting cell growth and repair. 
HOLIKAHOLIKA Prime Youth Bird's Nest Gold Leaf Cream
Image Source (TesterKorea)



My Beauty Diary Imperial Bird's Nest Mask
Image Source (Beauteque)


Which of this trends will you try or have tried already? How did you liked them?

Disclosure: This post contains external links. This post is my entry for the Beauteque contest wish me luck! ^.^

And I wanted to end with my favorite GD song and music video! ^.^ Hope you enjoy my post and have a great day! 

5 comments:

  1. Super post!!! Thanks for the personal insight too!!! :) So nice!!! Don't you LOVE when a great idea catches on and spreads like wild fire!!! I do!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING that Holika Holika Prime Youth Bird's Nest Gold Leaf Cream too!!!!! Super cute packaging too!!! I want it NOW!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna try it but am loving the Revecen Bird's Nest Sleeping Pack I got from Memebox ^.^

      Delete
  3. I love the predictions you made, especially #3! I had never thought of that until now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Congrats on winning too! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

BLOGLOVIN