Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

UNBOXING WARS Ipsy vs Birchbox Unboxing Review November 2014


Unboxing Wars time again for the month of November got a little delayed bacause I was really busy with the backlog of things that I have to do. but it's better late than never.

Here is what I got from IPSY this month.

Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye base in Submissive, 0.09 oz.

This eye base is a highly pigmented, long-lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color. 

• Bombshell Application: Apply lightly with fingertip to create a natural finish. Layer for added color.
• Bombshell Tip: Create a more intense look by layering with a powder eyeshadow.

What I think so far...
I kinda like the color of this eye base but I think I might not get a lot of use with them as I do not wear makeup in a daily basis so I will end up giving this to friends and family and also I am not really gonna "miss it when its gone" type of feeling I have for this product.

Elizabeth Moth you're so fine eyeliner in Glitterati, 0.1oz
It’s not just any liquid eyeliner. With you’re so FINE’s micro-tipped brush, you can control your strokes to create dramatic, and sharp cat eyes! This brush is so control friendly that creating precise, symmetrical lines is ridiculously easy, so it’s perfect for first time liquid eyeliner users too.

The specialized, quick drying formula has intense, inky pigmentation that’s waterproof, meaning it lasts all day without smudging. Just in time for the holidays, the super flirty Glitterati formula will make you the center of attention. All eyes on you, gorgeous!

What I think so far...
I have too many eyeliner already so I not really gonna this one gonna give it away! So far it's really getting boring in my Ipsy bag this month again! I also opted out of the eyeliner option on my quiz so I wonder why they would send me an eyeliner again.

Swatches for the eye base and eyeliner.




Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Spray, 1.5 oz

Get extra volume, shine and hold with this dual purpose hairspray; nourishing and styling in one! This argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil infused hairspray gives you strong and flexible hold plus deep nourishment, strengthening and conditioning as you style. 

The non-water based, fast drying formula freeze-frames your volume and hold without stickiness or flaking and it’s flexible finish creates workable styles for easy re-styling without crunch or heavy build-up. It creates a luminous finish and shields against humidity for longer lasting styles. Sun Protectors keep the sun and other elements from damaging your full bodied mane. What more could you want from a hairspray? 

What I think so far...
I don't really use hair spray so am gonna give this one out again that's a third item that I am not really gonna use so far in my Ipsy bag this month.

Tarte Deluxe Maracuja oil, 7ml
Not all oil is created equal. This earth-prescribed treatment oil targets your individual skin concerns and delivers harmony and moisture for firmer, brighter, smoother-looking skin. 

Rich in essential fatty acids known to recharge and replenish skin, maracuja oil helps deliver an overall rejuvenated and even-toned complexion while giving the appearance of brighter skin thanks to a high dose of vitamin C. This powerful anti-aging elixir provides instant hydration—quenching dry skin with no greasy or filmy feel. 

What I think so far...
I have oily skin it says so in my Ipsy profile so I don't know what I am suppose to do with this I guess I have to give it away again to friends and family.

Wet and Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Lady & the Vamp, 0.10z
Amp up your lips with one stick for a kissable pout in no time! The MegaSlicks Balm Stain glides on smoothly while conditioning the lips, keeping you pucker-perfect. Enriched with Acai Palm Oil, this amazing formula forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering. Continuous moisture formula leaves the lips with a unique minty, cooling sensation. No matter how long the kiss, this balm will last and last!


What I think so far...
The photo above shows the Megaslick balm stain that I put on top of my wine red lip stain which is too drying on my lips so the balm stain helps with moisturizing my lips and also touch ups.So far this the only product that I love and will be using this month from my glambag the color is really perfect for fall and it very moisturizing on the lips.

Now time for my Birchbox unboxing and here is what I got this month.
Amika Nourishing Mask, 20ml
Paraben-free treatment that conditons and repairs with superfruit sea buckthorn berry. Use once a week, smooth onto lengths and ends of damp hair. Leave 5-10 minutes before rinsing.

What I think so far...
I love hair masks so I am excited to try this product been using macadamia natural oil on my hair so I am curious on how this would compare to that.

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lipstain Hearthrob 
A long-wearing stain from the NYC-based designer that gives unbeatable moisture and shine. Sweep over lips for a sheer, perfect for fall color. Layer on for a deeper shade.

What I think so far...
I love the sheer color it leaves on my lips its like a natural red color I haven't tried to layer it on and see how it looks but will definitely do that next time! ^.^ I wish that this the sample size was more bigger though coz I am really loving this shade and I am tempted to buy it from Birchbox shop.

That is what it looks lone when I put it on my lips it a sheer color but it really stains the lips.

Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask
Made with antioxidant rich tea this mask firms and brightens skin in just eight minutes, Apply to face and neck. To remove, wet fingers and rub in a circular pattern, then rinse.

What I think so far...
This is what I actually choose for my sample choice and I am glad I like it sounds very interesting and really good for the skin so I am really excited to try this! ^.^

theBalm cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer
This shimmery, soft pink highlighter perks up your features with a natural-looking glow. Sweep onto cheekbones or eyelids, or lightly dust onto face for a luminous look.

 Sorry I have a bruise on my hand didn't know how I got it ^.^

What I think so far...
I don't really use a highlighter that much just for my eyebrow arch and cupids bow but I want to try this one and see what I can do with it maybe use it as an eye shadow instead coz I really like that it looks like rose gold on my skin! ^.^

TOTAL REVIEW

I love both my Ipsy and Birchbox subscription coz not only are they chip and only costs around $10 a month, and you get to try a lot of different products, but lately my Ipsy glambag is starting to get boring, meanwhile, I love my 2nd Birchbox and I love that they do a sample choice option with your box every month, and also I got a bonus sample of Coconut Chips which are delicious by the way!!!! <3



UNBOXING WARS WINNER!

BIRCHBOX

If you are interested in subscribing to IPSY please use my link here.
If you are interested in subscribing to Birchbox please use my link here.

Disclosure. This post contains refferal links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGLOVIN