Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Birchblogger Book Club Review October 2014: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn



I have recently joined Birchbox the beauty box subscription for women which offers samples selections which includes everything from skin care to make up, as well as fun non beauty extras. Meanwhile, the men’s subscription delivers top-tier grooming products in addition to lifestyle accessories ranging from hip socks to tech accessories. Not only do they cater to beauty and lifestyle they also have a book club where they feature a certain author's book so that subscribers can enjoy and discover upcoming and trending bestseller books in the market. This is a fun way of discovering new author's and new genres of books you never thought of reading. This month's featured author is Gillian Flynn, author of Sharp Objects (2006), Dark Places (2009), and Gone Girl (2012). You might say that her name sounds familiar because she just recently had her book transformed into a film adaptation by 20th Century Fox, feauturing main stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike

I have recently read Gone Girl over the summer and I must say that the book is page turner, it only took me less than 1 week to finish reading it. The book is a mystery thriller where a husband who searches for his wife, who disappeared on their fifth wedding anniversary, meanwhile he comes under scrutiny as a prime suspect. 

When I read this book I was immersed in a world of a mysterious love story and how in every love story couples tend to fall out of love. That's understandable because in reality not all marriages tend to work out the way they do. But in the case of Flynn's writing she takes you in a roller coaster ride that would take you from being in and out of love into a whole new world where you will feel misjudged, misled, betrayed, and manipulated. Her writing is so amazing that just when you thought you have figured everything out she will pull the rug out under you. This is such a brilliantly wonderful and psychotically terrifying that when I finally finished reading it the only thing I can say is WHAT?!.

I am really loving her writing style that I am now gonna read Darker places and Sharp Objects! I am completely obsessed! Gillian Flynn!!! What have you done to me!!! I strongly suggest everyone to read her books. I wasn't one of the lucky ones from the book club that won a free copy of her book but that doesn't stop me from enjoying her book. You don't need to buy the book if you don't have the money just go to your nearest public library in your are most of them have her books in their collection. Lucky for me our library is just one mile from my house! :))

If you are interested in joining Birchbox you can subscribe under this refferal link. I have subscribed to their subscription starting from the month of October 2014 and I will post my review of it here on my blog so make sure to check it out! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGLOVIN